The heart of many non-vegetarians: “chicken”. Many mouthwatering dishes are the chicken items. People normally tend to order more chicken stuff while going out. So today it’s about a chicken item – chicken tandoori.
So here’s the recipe for all the food lovers:
1. Make small gashes in the chicken pieces for the marinade to coat it nicely.
2. For the marinade:
3. In a bowl add ginger and garlic paste, red chilli paste, chaat masala, tandoori masala, oil, curd, salt and lemon juice. Mix it well.
4. Rub the marinade on the chicken pieces, over the skin and underneath it. Marinate the chicken pieces for 30 minutes.
5. Char grill the chicken pieces on a griller or tandoor. Baste with oil at regular intervals.
6. Serve with lemon wedges and onion rings,
For the tandoori masala:
7. In a pan dry roast cinnamon, peppercorns, green cardamom, brown cardamom, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf and turmeric powder.
8. In a mortar and pestle grind the dry roasted spices into a fine powder.
9. Masala is ready.
10. Tip: To make sure the chicken does not stick to the grill, glaze the grill with some oil.
If you are making it in an oven, the temperature needs to be around 250-300 degrees C.